link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 16 February 2012

96:Slush (слякоть)

I've just been looking up the Russian for slush in my dictionary because today we're having the first of several thaws. One of the words was слякоть which sounds like slyakot' and another was снеговая каша - snow porridge!




I would suggest it's one of the reasons why some of my Russian friends who have chosen to live in UK have chosen to live in UK! It just gets you down, wading through the stuff wherever you turn.
Talking about UK, I'm off on the big silver bird early tomorrow morning for a weekend at home.

3 comments:

  1. "I would suggest it's one of the reasons why some of my Russian friends who have chosen to live in UK have chosen to live in UK!"

    А как иначе? - в Англии ведь всегда отличная погода: солнечно и тепло!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking about the state of the roads and pavements, not the weather. Yes, we have rain, but it drains away off the camber of the road and into the drainage system. Now there's an idea..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now there's an idea.." - ну-ну...

    ReplyDelete