link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 5 February 2012

87:Exercise is good for you

I mentioned recently that I was suffering from a re-occurrence of an old back condition. (i.e. I've got an old back and it's not in good condition! :))
Well, it's mostly better now - I hope. 
I attribute part of the reason for my recovery on an exercise regime devised by The British Chiropractic Association called "Straighten Up UK". 

In the UK, we are becoming a nation of slouch potatoes and poor posture is a common trigger of back pain, along with other normal day to day activities such as housework, DIY, sleeping, sitting at a computer and playing computer games for extended periods of time.

Straighten Up was developed to be a simple, three minute exercise programme for all ages, designed to help strengthen the spine and improve posture.  It is now a popular worldwide programme and, since being launched in the UK, thousands of people have got involved and are already finding that Straighten Up is providing them with some real help.


I've belatedly decided to adopt this exercise regime as my New Year's Resolution. Any bets as to how long it will last?


Today's photo, of me sitting on a bike, was taken in St Petersburg last year when I met up with an old friend who had decided to cycle, with a friend, the entire length of the old iron curtain (железный занавес). He is back in the UK now, considerably enriched by his experience. In the photo, I'm sitting on his bike. 

1 comment:

  1. Ранним воскресным утром англичанин отжимается на набережной Темзы.
    - Простите, сэр, - говорит ему полицейский. - Возможно, это не мое дело, но мне кажется, ваша дама давно ушла...

    ReplyDelete