link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 12 March 2012

118:Kievskiy and the aeroexpress

Moscow is served by three main airports (Domodedovo, Sheremetevo, and Vnukovo). Each of these can be reached by aeroexpress trains, starting from different termini in Moscow. (Domodedovo from Paveletskiy, Sheremetovo from Byelorusskiy and Vnukovo from Kievskiy). The service is reasonably fast,  efficient, and not too expensive. I used the Sheremetovo->Byelorusskiy train last week to take me to and from the airport for my flights to and from Krasnodar. It's a little bit unfortunate that the train passes almost right by my flat but doesn't stop there so I have quite a trek to get to the terminus, only to sit on the train and watch as it goes past my apartment.


The trains are very new and comfortable:
By comparison the stations are very old, and Soviet-style ornate. Here is a photo I took in Kiyevskiy station a week or so ago when I met a friend off the train. Isn't it magnificent? More like a cathedral.







No comments:

Post a Comment