link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Saturday 10 March 2012

116:Krasnodar

I wondered how long my numbering system would last before I made a mistake. No. 114 is conspicuous by its absence.
Today your roving reporter is in Krasnodar a substantial city in the South of Russia about 200km from the Black Sea. It is the capital and administrative centre of the Kuban region, traditionally the breadbasket of Russia. If you want to learn more about it, here is a link to the Wikipedia page.
Krasnodar
The pace of life here is slower than in Moscow and prices are significantly cheaper (but so are salaries). I have enjoyed my break away from the hustle and bustle of big city life but look forward to flying back to Moscow this afternoon ready for a long day of lessons tomorrow. The government decreed that Thursday would be a day off for International Women's Day. They also gave us Friday off but decided that Sunday would be a working day to make up for Friday. This week about to start is going to be a long one... And no more public holidays until May.
Here is a small selection of photos to help give a flavour of Krasnodar. The last one shows me with my old mate Robert, who works in Krasnodar. I hadn't seen him for 26 years so we had lots to talk about!










No comments:

Post a Comment