link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 15 January 2012

67:A visit to the cinema

Russian cinema buildings have reinvented themselves the same way that UK cinema buildings have and are, to a large extent, flourishing. Old single-screen cinemas now lie idle (See first photo). Multi-screen, often as part of a large shopping complex, has taken off in Moscow and appears to be very successful. Tickets are, to my mind, reasonably priced but where they really make the money is in the sale of food and drink (See second photo).
I've just returned from watching the latest Sherlock Holmes adventure. I thought it was going to be the end of any further movies after he, and his arch-enemy Moriarty, fell from the castle high in the mountains of Switzerland. But, just in the last few moments, we were given a reprieve and can, I believe, now expect a sequel. A pleasant couple of hours of pure escapism. The slo-mo camera action was especially good.
As I write this there are fireworks going off in the distance. Can't begin to imagine what they're celebrating now. Do fireworks have a use-by date?




No comments:

Post a Comment