link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Wednesday 18 April 2012

B144:I survived Easter

I survived Easter:

The next two holidays on the horizon are Labour Day on 1st May and Victory Day on 9th. That nice Mr Putin has made an executive decision and juggled a few days around so that we get 5 days holiday for the price of 2. Not quite as generous as it first appears because we will have to work on 3 consecutive Saturdays to make up for it.
Victory Day is very important here in Russia. I may well write more about it nearer the time. For the moment I wanted to show that motorists are already marking the event by putting a slogan on the back windscreen of their cars "Thank you for Victory Grandad". I see this every year at about this time. Here is a photo taken yesterday through the window of the tram I was travelling in.


No comments:

Post a Comment