link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

04: The Moscow Metro - Part 2

Sometimes the metro (especially the circle line as it just goes round and round) is a nice, warm, place to have a little sleep. N.B. I assure you, this isn't me!
If I remember rightly, just after this was taken a few youths got on and began to poke and prod him - just for the fun of it. I think that was the end of his little kiplet. Poor man but all self-inflicted.

In the rush hour, especially at about 8.00 a.m., you are squashed in that tightly that it pays to know the Russian for "I'm terribly sorry madam, that's my mobile phone you can feel pushed up against you!".
как сельд в бочке - packed in like sardines

Question: I wonder how long it will be before the escalators look and sound like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment