link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 14 November 2011

10: The kvartal pub!

With apologies for the poor quality of the picture, taken at night on my mobile. It shows, I hope, my local supermarket and the area just in front of it. In the evenings, in Spring, Summer, and Autumn there are always people standing outside drinking in small groups. They are still congregating now, in mid-November, but the falling temperature will soon drive them away. It is hovering just above freezing at the moment. One of the reasons people do it, I suppose, is the price. A tin of beer in the supermarket costs 50p and upwards. A half litre in a pub can cost 10 times that - depending, of course, on the beer, and the pub. In the mornings, as I walk by the side of the wall, it is quite common to see broken bottles lying around. Not for too long though as the Dvorniki (janitors) soon tidy the place up.

Apropos of nothing, simply that I like it, I wanted to include the following aphorism:
To kiss a miss is awfully simple
To miss a kiss is simply awful

(Of course, to kiss a miss uninvited is to lay yourself open to an interview with Mr Plod - at the very least).

No comments:

Post a Comment