link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 27 November 2011

21: Paddington (station, not bear)


This is a view of some of the trains in Paddington station, from where I had planned to catch the Heathrow Express out to the airport. Unfortunately, there were engineering works on the line so a replacement coach service was laid on. My own view here is that the £18 (900 roubles) cost of the train ticket should be (much) cheaper when you are inconvenienced by the longer, and less comfortable, journey on the bus. The train operator has a different view!

In addition, several of the underground lines were closed for the weekend. Everybody and his brother was in London yesterday and traversing the longer, circuitous, route with luggage was quite stressful, especially for those whose people who got in my way and ended up with bruised legs from my suitcase!
In spite of the longer journey I still arrived at Heathrow in good time to order my usual kedgeree breakfast. Enjoyment was slightly marred by the presence of more bones than usual but they did give me a free coffee by way of compensation.  
Having landed in Moscow, after an uneventful and pleasant flight, I took the Aero Express to Paveletskiy and then failed to pay attention to the announcements in the metro. Turns out there were engineering works  on the Moscow underground too. Because I didn't pay attention I ended up going Paveletskiy->Novokuznetskiy->Taganskaya->Novoslobodskaya->Timiryazevskaya. 
I was pleased to get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment