link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 28 April 2022

485: The battle of Littleferry - 1746

Nations have been fighting each other since time immemorial. Why can't we just bloody stop it and live in harmony with each other??

I'm in the Highlands of Scotland and, for a change, the weather is wonderful. Or at least it was this morning. Can't really expect sunshine for the whole day.

My friend, Alisdair, and I, went for a walk to look at the recently installed memorial stones remembering the battle of Littleferry. Bonny Prince Charlie's Jacobites were defeated by Government militia in a 'prequel' to the more famous battle of Culloden. Read more about it here

I didn't think it was a very long walk, stretching from Golspie out to Dunrobin Castle and back along the beach, almost to Littleferry itself but my watch shows I've done >18,000 steps today - not too shabby. Think I'll take the rest of the day off!

 
Some stunning Scottish scenery in the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment