link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 14 April 2022

484: LLeida, Zaragoza & Madrid

 I've got a good friend who lives more than 500km away from Salou, up in the mountains in Southern Spain. I realised it was time for another visit but when I looked into train times it turned out there were no spare seats on the daily high-speed train from Camp de Tarragona to Granada.  It is Holy week this week and Spain is on the move. 

We decided to meet 'half-way' in Madrid and we both spent about 7 hours each on trains for a 3 hour meeting in Madrid. What do you think? Is that stupid? or worth doing? Would you do it?

I decided to split my journey(s)over two days. Hotel accommodation in Madrid was more than I wanted to pay so I spent the night in Zaragoza and went on the Madrid the next day. So, on Tuesday bus to Reus, slow train to Lleida and AVE (Spanish equivalent of the French TGV) to Zaragoza. On Wednesday AVE to Madrid, meeting with my pal and AVE back to Camp de Tarragona. The AVE trains are pretty swish and travel at speeds of 300 kph. Quite expensive, even with an old person's discount card.

Salou had rain on Tuesday and Wednesday but in Madrid it was a lovely, warm, sunny day. Nice. 

A couple of pics taken in Lleida, Zaragoza and Madrid.










No comments:

Post a Comment