link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 17 March 2014

292: A contrast - old and new

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to talk about and show you. Here are two recent pictures, taken through the window of the transport I was travelling in at the time. They show nicely old Moscow and new Moscow.
The ice on the lakes and rivers has mostly melted but winter is not necessarily over yet. We are expecting minus temperatures again this week.  "Ne'er cast a clout till May is out"




I'm not going to make a political comment here other than to say that the situation in Ukraine is at a critical point. Yesterday's referendum, criticized overwhelmingly by "the West", went the way everybody knew it would. What will happen next? Only the major players know. We all hope and pray that they don't get it wrong and that a peaceful solution can be found. The annexing of the Sudetenland in 1938 was a stepping stone towards World War II.  My God, nobody, but nobody, wants World War III but it only takes a wrong move at the wrong time in this still escalating conflict and .........
My video clip is the song "Russians" by Sting. "I hope the Russians love their children too". (Actually, I know they do and sometimes hear the phrase "our children are our future".)

No comments:

Post a Comment