link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 29 April 2013

235:Urgent advice needed!

No photos this time, just a hasty tale of woe. My 19.25 departure from Moscow Domodedovo to London Heathrow Terminal 5 has been delayed. It was >3 hours late leaving London and is now due to take off from Moscow at 23.17 so I've got hours to kick my heels.
I lashed out (almost £50) to pay for entry to a business lounge where the food and drink is free and the surroundings much more comfortable. I had hoped it would also be much quieter but there's a young child in here who keeps kicking off. 
My problem is what to do at the other end. We are due to land at silly o'clock (00.22) so it will be about 01.00 in the morning before I am clear of formalities. 
Then what? No trains to London at that hour of the morning. The first Paddington Express leaves a little after 5 a.m. Tube and suburban trains probably much the same. 
Shall I slum it on a seat in the airport. You know the kind, specially designed to stop people sleeping on them. 
Or do I pay an arm and a leg for a "local" airport? 
Sofitel, as far as I know the only hotel which is walkable from Terminal 5, has rooms for £199. That is silly money and I'm not paying that.
"Premier Inn Heathrow Airport Terminal 5" has rooms for £79 which is a bit more reasonable but it talks about a shuttle bus from the airport. Does the shuttle bus run all night? It doesn't say.
Probably I should wait until I land and re-assess the situation.
Unless anybody knows any better?
Answers on a postcard please.....

No comments:

Post a Comment