link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 11 April 2013

228:Send in the clowns

Today's blog is dedicated to my sister, who said she was missing them. Nice to know that somebody is reading them. She is right, of course, the number of of blogs I have written recently has dropped to a trickle. как мне не стыдно!

My theme for the day is the circus. I've just come back from a meeting in the circus with a couple of clowns! Just a joke guys, it was actually a meeting near the circus with a couple of acquaintances. Meetings are useful to self-promote in order to make my company, Inter-Bridge, known to more people. Widening the circle of friends and acquaintances like this is known in English as networking. Thanks for the coffees, guys. Nice to meet you again. If, you hear of anybody who wants to learn English, or to improve or practise what they already know, then do pass them on to me.
Today's pictures were taken near the circus. I don't know the "tramp" sitting in the car reading his book!








Just been for my first run of the year. Shouldn't really call it a run as it was as much walking as running but it was a start and it was nice to feel the warmth of the sun. There were a few puddles in the park to circumnavigate - I don't do triathlons! 

Today's song relates to the circus theme and is emphatically not a dig at my interlocutors. I just happen to like the song. I look forward to our next meeting later in the year when it will probably be my turn to buy the coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment