link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 11 June 2012

166:Where's my glass?

I absolutely don't mean to be disparaging to either the sculptor or to Mr Dragunskiy himself but it does look to me as though there should be a glass or a tankard of beer in his open, uplifted, right-hand.
My second offering today has been lifted from Facebook and shows His Royal Highness, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, looking admiringly at his wife, Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II. There's a difference of about 60 years between the two photos but look how similar the poses are. Amazing. Long Live the Queen. Prince Philip's birthday is today. He is 91 years old! Hope I look that good when I'm 91. He is well known for making sometimes inappropriate quips and gaffes. For example as he was leaving hospital yesterday he was asked if he was feeling better. He retorted "well, I wouldn't be coming out if I wasn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment