link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 6 May 2012

B154:Hurry up and wait

On my way to my lesson this evening I noticed that кутузовский проспект (Kutuzovskiy Prospect) was lined with baby policemen, every 10 yards or so, as far as the eye could see - in both directions. They were standing on the pavement at the side of the road and facing away from the road. They were there at 17.30 as I went to my lesson and still there at 19.00 as I was going home. I was tempted to wait and see what they were doing there, what they were protecting. I suspect it was something to do with the Red Square parade rehearsal that was carried out this morning. Perhaps some of the military hardware was about to re-locate back to barracks outside the city. Perhaps they had been standing there all day and been forgotten, poor things. Whatever they were doing, and however long they had been standing there, they have my sympathy. I have done my share of standing around in full uniform waiting for something to happen. We used to call it "hurry up and wait". 





No comments:

Post a Comment