link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 6 May 2021

463: Striding vs strolling

Yesterday and today I walked along the coast from Brora to Golspie (10km) . Yesterday I was striding because I had an appointment to keep but today there were no such time constraints so I could take my time and actually look at the countryside and nature. It was nice to see seals basking in the sunshine and sheep with their lambs. Crazy weather for the time of year (May). If you look closely you can see yesterday's snow sprinkled on the tops of the hills. The walk alternated between sand, shingles & grass. In the 2nd picture the water falling onto the waterfall is brownish in colour because of the peat it picks up on its way down from the hills.

Seals enjoying the sunshine






Dunrobin castle

to stride: to walk with long, decisive steps in a specified direction. Almost like marching.
to stroll: to walk in a leisurely way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment