link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Wednesday 16 May 2018

410: An Englishman abroad

I have to confess to being a bit of a stereotypical Englishman abroad - at least as far as food is concerned. Yesterday I had two language exchange lessons, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Being 'in the mood for food' after the first lesson and before the second I opted for a 'full English' in my favourite Indian restaurant here in Salou and a Burger King 'meal' for an early 'dinner'. It was an almost full English, there being a distinct lack of black pudding & hash brown but it still hit the spot. It's not that I don't try local Spanish food, I had some 'Salpicon de Marisco' at the Freesia group lunch last Thursday. And then I had the pleasure of a light bout of diarrhoea on Saturday. Did my British bacteria take exception to the Spanish food? I shall never know. All I know is I had my own personal Brexit on Saturday!



 
Talking about toilet paper, which I suppose I was, albeit indirectly, I noticed recently that Salou local council has had to take appropriate steps to stop its toilet paper being misappropriated. How desperate must some people be to steal the bog roll? Of course, if you're really desperate you just unroll it all and leave the empty tube padlocked. I have no idea what nationality these potential miscreants are, in fact I think all nationalities have their share of poor people. How sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment