link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 4 June 2015

340:Torun

This blog has the benefit of 2 Gin & tonics but needs to be done now as there is another one backed up behind it with pictures from my visit to Warsaw's Wasienski Park earlier today. (Today was a holiday in Poland - Corpus Christi day). More about that another time. Tomorrow?
Lots of pics today then, starting with a map of Torun (to show you how big the old town is) and a picture of a statue of Copernicus himself.












And now some pictures of the hotel I stayed in - the Black Rose. It is located in the old town and is full of character (i.e. old furniture). I recommend it (unless you need there to be a lift as there wasn't one).
















Now the (old) town itself. I like it very much and will doubtless return. Perhaps next time I will forego the dubious pleasures of Polski Bus (3 hours 15) and stick to the train (2 hours 45). Not the train in the photo!








No comments:

Post a Comment