link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Saturday 17 May 2014

300: Boogy-woogie dancing shoes

This is my 300th blog! I'm sitting in the S7 lounge at Domodedovo waiting for an Easyjet flight back to Gatwick so perhaps an extra beer from the free-flowing tap to help celebrate this momentous occasion.
A couple of views from my travels around Moscow and then a comment on the Anglicisation of the Russian language before finishing with a video clip and a snide remark about Conchita Wurst - the bearded winner of last weekend's Eurovision song contest.





This is taken from yesterday's edition of the free Metro newspaper.
It explains to Muscovites where they can go to learn dancing with free lessons in:  swing, boogie-voogie, jazz-modern, and rock and roll. If only I  weren't so busy.... 
Following on from the boogie-woogie lead-in I have chosen "boogie-woogie dancing shoes" by Claudia Barry, formerly of Boney M. One of the lines in the song is "make me queen for the night" and that's when I started thinking about Conchita,  the bearded Austrian winner of the Eurovision. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment