link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Friday 12 October 2012

194:Peterborough - around and about

It's been a busy week. 
Svetlana has, I think, enjoyed her week at my house. Her aims were twofold; to improve her English and to see some more of England. Both of these aims were achieved. I hope she goes back and tells her friends so that Inter-Bridge (UK) can continue to flourish.
I've been in Peterborough a couple of times this week and took the opportunity to take these pictures. I'm sorry they are of such poor quality - I didn't have my usual phone with me.
A special timetable is implemented every Autumn to take account of falling leaves! Apparently the trains leave earlier because the falling leaves on the rails make them go slower so they need more time for the journey!
A Big Issue seller. People who sell these magazines are either homeless or out of work, or perhaps both. They buy the Big Issue for £1.25 from the Charity that produces them and sell them for £2.50. They are allowed to keep any money they make to help them reintegrate back into "normal" Society.
 This is the Gloucester Police choir. They gave a very fine performance yesterday in Peterborough cathedral. 
And these are views inside the magnificent cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment