link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Saturday 1 September 2012

184:Gorky Park

Today is Moscow's 865th birthday and the city is buzzing. There are events, large and small, taking place all over the city and this evening, at 10 p.m., the sky will be lit up by fireworks to celebrate the occasion.
I went to Gorky Park earlier today to soak up the atmosphere, and then had a walk along old Arbat and a short tour around town on one of the new excursion buses.
For today I will content myself with showing you some pictures of Gorky Park.  
This is the same Gorky Park that was mentioned the Scorpions' song Wind of Change

and the same Gorky Park that was the title of the excellent book by Martin Cruz Smith that was later made into a film starring Lee Marvin and William Hurt.

But here are my pictures from earlier today:












No comments:

Post a Comment