link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

174:The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Two items of interest today (to me anyway).
The first is mildly amusing, the second mildly entertaining.
Some time ago an edict was passed to say that temporary structures on the streets of Moscow would be demolished. This edict is being carried out..
However, many of the old temporary structures are now being replaced by newer, more permanent buildings. So it is still possible to buy almost anything on the street at any hour of the day or night.
The video clip below explains what makes up the United Kingdom and talks about the few residual bits of Empire that we still have left scattered around the globe! I'm sorry the American is speaking so fast. maybe one day I'll record it myself but at a slower speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment