link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Tuesday 19 October 2021

474: The colours of the Mediterranean

 Every so often the bathroom scales remind me that it's time for a long-ish walk. Yesterday, then, I managed much of the Cami de Ronda, a coastal footpath meandering from the Levant beach in Salou to the lighthouse on Cap Salou. The first 'half' of the route is along a definite path, and the second half isn't! Lots of scrambling up and down, and in and out. Sometimes there is a message saying a particular path ends in a dead end and other times they kindly allow you to find it out for yourself.

 





The colours of the sea were beautiful yesterday, different shades of blue and turquoise and the water was even transparent in places. How lovely it was. After 2½  hours walking I was more than ready for a drink. Luckily I wasn't hungry - look what they brought me to go with the beer! Different country, different culture.




This morning it was back to the classroom. Teaching, these days, involves some 'chalk and talk' and then some 'activities' to help the little grey cells absorb what they have just learned. These activities are a disaster for me personally. The noise level, of  >20 people speaking at the same time, is too much for my old ears and I'm forced to leave the classroom until things have quietened down and I can slink back in.

After class I went for coffee and bumped into some Russians who had been on the year 1 Spanish course with me the year before last. How much more pleasant to speak, and listen to, Russian. Sometimes I wonder if I'm on the Spanish course just so I can meet, and chat with, more Russians! 😁       (Miryam, if you're reading this, I don't mean it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment