link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Thursday 11 June 2020

441:Lockdown week 13 - out of the frying pan into the fire


My apologies that this week's blog is 'several' days late. I've been 'in transit', so to speak. A month ago I decided I would take a gamble that the battle against corona virus would be almost won by mid-June and I booked a flight back to UK. To cut a long story short, I spent Monday night in a hotel in Viladecans (on the Southern outskirts of Barcelona) and on Tuesday I flew to London Heathrow.
My gamble didn't quite pay off. In Salou they are in Phase III of de-escalation but in UK they don't seem to know where they are along the curve
Time spent in reconnaissance is never wasted. On Monday my bus from Salou dropped me off at Terminal 1 and I waited almost an hour for bus L99 to take me to Viladecans. When it finally arrived the area around the driver was taped off and they weren't selling bus tickets for cash. I needed a transport ticket and had no idea where to get one. Where does it say L99 here! To cut another long story short I took a metro and a train to the hotel and then found a Burger King for dinner - anything to avoid waiting until Spanish restaurants open at 8pm.




Had to wear a mask for most of Monday afternoon and much of Tuesday but hey, it's not the end of the world. The two airports were almost deserted, only 11 flights out of Barcelona all day, and I would say the British Airways plane was perhaps half full. (or was it half empty?). I had pre-completed my 3-page quarantine form and this was inspected at Heathrow. I'm now waiting for the occasional phone call while they check up on me to make sure I'm where I said I would  be for the next 2 weeks. 
Not true: working in the garden whenever it stops raining.



No comments:

Post a Comment