link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 17 May 2020

438: Lockdown week 10 - more good news

The good news, as 'my' part of Spain progresses through Phase 1 of the de-escalation process, is that there were 'only' 87 CV-19 deaths in the last 24 hours. Sadly the number of deaths reported over the weekend is generally under-reported as there are less staff around to submit the stats (we used to call them bean counters in the Army). But it's a downward trend and welcome news indeed.

The bad news is not only do I need to know what day of the week it is (for Skype lessons and virtual lunches etc), but I also need to remember what I'm allowed to do (and with whom). I can go for one period of exercise and one walk 0600-1000 or 2000-2300. I can go shopping at any time and, now, I can sit outside and drink coffee (or beer) at any time at any of the 'coffee shops' that have re-opened.  Once we roll over to Phase 2 I can drink coffee (or beer) inside, provided their capacity is limited to 40%. If I find myself in the wrong place at the wrong time, doing the wrong thing, then I could be invited to pay a hefty fine.

I also read today that the specified timings for walking/exercising no longer apply for towns/villages of less than 10,000 people. It had been 5,000 people but that limit has now been doubled. It doesn't matter here anyway as Salou has a population > 26K. (which probably doubles when the tourists arrive). 

I need to invent a new word in the English language! It's far too much trouble to say most mornings I go 'interval training: one minute jogging and two minutes walking' (not too shabby for an old fart like me). From now on I'm going to talk about going for a joglet! Can you help me get it incorporated into the English language lexicon? 

I've prattled on for too long. Stay safe (and sane)

Here is this week's collection of memes, GIFs etc for your entertainment and amusement. I hope you like them, otherwise I'm wasting my time - a commodity which is valuable to me, even in a lockdown.






2nd week of quarantine with hubby. I've decided to knit him something.






And, to finish off, two more corona virus parodies:

No comments:

Post a Comment