link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Sunday 26 April 2020

435: Lockdown Week 7











I know it's wrong but I'm starting to get a little blasé about the whole thing, maybe even a little slapdash. Yesterday, for example, I followed the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law. The letter of the law allows one to go shopping. The spirit of the law, to my mind, really ought to mean to go to the nearest shop and to go as infrequently as possible. But I went to the nearest supermarket, 400m away, came home and dumped my shopping, and then went out again to another supermarket, this time 1km away. Naughty boy!

From today, children under 14 are allowed out to walk for up to 1km and in the company of one adult. 

But last night came the news I had been waiting for: From Saturday 2nd May, adults will be allowed out for walks/exercise - provided that the contagion figures keep going down. This tiny relaxation of the quarantine restrictions will mean so much for me. The Med is a 15 minute walk from my little flat but for the last 7 weeks it may as well have been 15 miles. It will be good to see it again. And, to quote from a translation of what Prime Minister Sanchez said "the de-escalation of confinement measures will take place throughout May, and we will see what happens in the month of June.”
He also said “I would like to convey to you the importance of being cautious. This is not a race to see who is the first to reopen a shopping mall or a small business establishment.” Todays total of deaths attributable to Covid-19 was recorded as 'only' 288. Weekend totals are often lower "due to lower levels of personnel".

I hope my few blog readers, whatever country they're currently in,  can also begin to enjoy a de-escalation in the very near future.  

A few more jokes to lighten the general mood of pessimism. At the risk of teaching grandmother to suck eggs, click on each picture and it will enlarge.












No comments:

Post a Comment