link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Saturday 31 December 2016

381: Crimbo limbo

The urban dictionary entry for Crimbo Limbo says "The period after Christmas Day and before New Year's Eve, mainly spent sitting down and eating leftovers. Many find it extremely dull."
I must confess I don't find it dull at all. It's been a long long time since I was bored and could say I had nothing to do.
My Crimbo Limbo is being spent in Golspie, in the North of Scotland. In between eating too much and drinking too much I have found time for a few walks to enjoy the beautiful Highland scenery - if not the Highland weather. Here is a picture taken at what the locals call  "the big burn". Those of my family who walk included it as part of a 4-mile trek around the village.

The 'children', who were up for a few days, have gone home and back to their busy lifestyles. Peace and tranquility has descended for the last day of the year. Hogmanay will pass quietly in this household.

At the end of November I went to Amsterdam for a few days to soak up the culture. I found it a very nice city with lots to see and do. I managed to visit quite a few interesting places, including the famous red light district. I hasten to add I was only looking in through the windows, not looking out. I read afterwards that the 'going rate' for 'standard' services is 50 euros for 15 minutes. Unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't manage to sample the wares in the 'coffee shops'. Maybe next time. Here are a few of the pictures I took.








My video clip is of the Red Army Choir singing the Volga Boat song. In memory of the Russian plane that crashed into the Black Sea earlier this week. I understand that many musicians perished. May their souls rest in peace.


Happy New Year to my few loyal readers.
С новым годом
szczęśliwego Nowego Roku
 

No comments:

Post a Comment