link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

271:An Indian summer?

They say that the sun always shines on the righteous but this year it is finally shining on me. One or two nice days in UK last week, before the St Jude's day storm broke on Sunday night, and now it looks as though we're going to have an Indian summer (бабье лето) here in Russia. 
I've just looked on the weather forecast for the rest of the week and had my enthusiasm dampened. After today we're not due to see the sun again for at least the rest of the week. Never mind. такова жизнь!
Here are a couple of photos of churches I came across in my travels around the city. The first one is a Roman Catholic cathedral and the second one isn't!



On this day in 1961 the Soviet Union tested a thermo-nuclear device - at 58 megatons the largest explosion ever recorded.
This leads me nicely to my song for the day: Barry MacGuire singing "on the eve of destruction". I think perhaps we were. Maybe we still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment