link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Monday 13 May 2013

240: paint it even if it moves!

Two blogs in two days. You're to blame for this little sister! :)
My first student of the day (you know who you are - no names, no pack-drill), cried wolf and claimed food poisoning. Another excuse to add to the ever-growing list of disingenuous reasons to skip lessons given to me by my students. Don't worry, Andrei (whoops, now I've named him), I'm quite sure you really were unwell. Hope you recover quickly enough for your upcoming trip.

Anyway, the cancellation left me with some spare time to go for a nice (?), invigorating (?), jog round my favourite park - Park Dubki. Hopefully, I've picked up enough endorphins (the happy hormones) to last me through the day.

I need to amend the title of blog 234 "if it doesn't move, paint it." Turns out that's not quite true! I often run around the edge of the park, there's a well-worn track just next to the fence. On my last run there was somebody spray-painting the fence on the outside. If I had not smelt the paint in time and taken evasive action my blue track suit trousers would have quickly turned into black track suit trousers. 


Talking about smells, the snow melt puddles have finally disappeared from the ground. However, I came across a body of water in the SW corner of the park this morning that smells very much as though it isn't snow melt at all, but something much more distasteful! There were manhole covers nearby and I suspect an overflow. Evasive action called for again.

Our son is flying off to Peru next weekend to tread the well-worn path to Machu Picchu. I wish him all the best in his adventure. The title of the song on the video clip is dedicated to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment