link to Inter-Bridge.biz

My company teaches English face-to-face or over Skype.

Saturday 16 February 2013

222: Go whippet!

1.   America has Greyhound buses for inter-city transport. In Cambridgeshire we have whippets!
I am a great fan of bus travel, especially now that I have my free bus pass and petrol is £1.37 (about 70 roubles) a litre! 
I went to Cambridge earlier this week and, with my courier hat on, met with three very nice Russian ladies. I'm now busy arranging collections in Moscow.




greyhound (борзая) whippet (гончая?)

2.   On 15th February, in 1989, the last Soviet soldier left Afghanistan, marking the USSR's first military defeat since World War II. In just over a year the last "Western" soldier will have left too. I feel a great sorrow for Afghan women. Once the Taliban fill the power vacuum they will surely revert to treating women as third class citizens, depriving them of basic human rights and education.

3.   A song to finish with. Having just flown back to Moscow from UK yesterday perhaps this would be appropriate:

No comments:

Post a Comment